Psalm 23 - Amplified

In honor of finishing our sermon mini-series on the 23rd Psalm:

Psalm 23 - Amplified

The Lord is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
He tends His flock like a shepherd:  He gathers the lambs in His arms and carries them close to His heart[i]
He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He refreshes my soul.
Come to Jesus, all you who are weary and burdened, and He will give you rest… He is gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For His yoke is easy and His burden is light.”[ii]
He guides me along the right paths for His name’s sake.
So whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.[iii]  His will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.[iv]
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me…
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them has the light shined.[v]  Jesus is the light of the world. Whoever follows Him will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.[vi]
Your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
The Lord disciplines those He loves, as a father disciplines the child in whom He delights.[vii]
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
Look at the birds: they do not sow or reap or store away, and yet our Father feeds them.  Are you not much more valuable than them? Yet I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink or what you will wear. Life is more than food and clothes![viii]
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
But He was pierced for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was on him, and by His wounds we are healed.[ix]
Surely your goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life…
Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail.  They are new every morning.  Great is His faithfulness.[x]
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
“Hallelujah!  For the Lord our God the Almighty reigns.  Let us rejoice and give Him the glory, for the marriage of the Lamb has come, and His Bride has made herself ready…”  And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the marriage supper of the Lamb.”  And he said to me, “These are the true words of God.”[xi]

j c ^ m

(Adapted from Psalm 23 and selected verses)





[i] Isaiah 40:11
[ii] Matthew 11:28-30
[iii] 1 Corinthians 10:31
[iv] Matthew 6:10, paraphrased
[v] Isaiah 9:2
[vi] John 8:12, paraphrased
[vii] Proverbs 3:12, paraphrased
[viii] Matthew 6:26 & 25, paraphrased
[ix] Isaiah 53:5
[x] Lamentations 3:22-23
[xi] Revelation 19:6b-9a

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Epicurean Paradox

"Warts And All"

The Pianist and the Sad, Little, Left Ring-Finger